If it’s your first time to rent out your property to future tenants, then you’ve definitely asked an experienced Calgary AB landlord about the basic ropes. However, one of the things they might have failed to tell you is to work with a dependable Calgary AB roofing company. Many a great problems is something that your reliable contractor can solve in no time. Having one at the back of your hand is crucial especially to please tenants and ensure you fulfill your role as landlord.
True enough, you’ll encounter problems other than the roof of the property once you let your property to other people. Often water damage, natural wear and tear, and plumbing issues are some of the most common problems tenants will report to you in the future. However, when storms and winters hit your property, your roof takes the brunt of these issues especially when it has started aging.
With a reliable Calgary AB roofing company helping you, you can have them perform inspections on your rental property during spring right after winter and autumn before spring even enters. Some contractors may accept summer contracts if the temperature and weather (storms are fairly common during this time) permits them to.
After inspections, your Calgary AB roofer will assess all the possible present and future damage and present to you a precise estimate of all the costs to repair your roof and the date they can soonest perform it. This is helpful because your tenants will want immediate results from their complaints and giving them the date when the roof gets fully repaired builds trust between landlords and tenants.
If you’d like to know how much you’d usually spend in a minor roof repair, Home Advisor has a great breakdown to give you a heads-up before even calling your roofer. Take a look at it below.
There are many kinds of materials and styles for roofs. These include wood shake or composite roofing, asphalt shingles, metal, flat, foam or single-ply roofing. You could also have a type of tile or slate roofing as well. The type of material and style that your roof is will dictate the cost. For example, many consider shingle roofs easy to repair while slate or tile roofs are among the most difficult.
- The cost to repair a metal roof is $1,300 on average
- If removed and left improperly sealed, fasteners for panels or shingles can leave a potential leak point
- Time can work fasteners loose especially where there is a lot of expansion and contraction
- Leaks between panel fasteners, loose seams can let water through
- Sometimes the seams can work themselves loose and allow water in
- Repairing an asphalt shingle roof costs $710 on average
- Lift up or blow off entirely in high winds
- Most shingles today can withstand 110 mph, but an improperly attached shingle can come off in low winds
- Strong storm winds can lift or remove shingles, loose nails can damage the material
- A weaker section of roof will anchor shingles if there is no nailing strip present.
- You’ll pay $450 on average to fix a composite roof
- Lightweight compared to other shingles
- Prone to extensive damage from high winds
- Asphalt roofs may lose a handful of shingles, composite roofs can lose entire sections
- Can lift up more easily than ordinary asphalt shingles and allow water to blow in beneath
- The stone granules begin to come off easily when they require replacement. (Continued)
Make sure you’re working with a roofer that has extensive experience in providing top-quality roofing for all your needs. If you have yet to find one, you can definitely depend on us at No Payne Roofing. With decades of experience providing top-shelf roofing solutions, we guarantee only exceptional results for all your roofing needs. Contact us today!